From 11:00 p.m., September 15 (PT), we will be kicking off the Tactician's Cup Vol. 3!
As part of the Tactician’s Cup Vol. 3 celebrations, we'll also be adding limited-time Take Two Tactics private match missions starting from 8:00 p.m., September 13 (PT).
About the Tactician's CupTactician's Cup Vol. 3 differs from a standard Grand Prix in the following ways:
- Both Stage 1 and Stage 2 will have 5 rounds per day
- Held in the Take Two Tactics format, where players will be able to pick between 3 randomly chosen deck archetypes
FormatThe Tactician's Cup Vol. 3 will be held in a special format called "Take Two Tactics."
Upon entry, players will first pick 1 deck archetype among 3 options that are randomly chosen from deck archetypes prepared for this event. Then, players will proceed to pick cards to create a deck. Cards related to the selected deck archetype will be drawn from multiple classes regardless of rarity.
When creating a deck, the core cards of that deck archetype and the related cards will be displayed in a specific order.
Core CardsPosted in the order of 1st, 8th, and 15th.
Card Pool APosted in the order of 2nd, 4th, 6th, 9th, 11th, and 13th.
Card Pool BPosted in the order of 3rd, 5th, 7th, 10th, 12th, and 14th.
※Card Pools are divided into "Card pool A" and "Card pool B."
Also, all cards in the pool will be available as animated cards. More information on available cards in the pool will be available here.
The details of the event are as follows:
Tactician's Cup Vol. 2Dates: 11:00 p.m., September 15 – 1:00 p.m., September 26 (PT)
Format: Take Two Tactics
Stage 111:00 p.m., September 15 – 1:00 p.m., September 20 (PT)
5 matches per round (You can play up to 5 rounds per day)
Complete a round with 4 wins or more to qualify for Group A
Stage 21:00 p.m., September 20 – 1:00 p.m., September 24 (PT)
Group A: 5 matches per round (You can play up to 5 rounds per day)
Complete a round with 4 wins or more to advance to the Group A Final Stage
Complete a round with 3 wins to advance to the Group B Final Stage
Group B: 5 matches per round (You can play up to 5 rounds per day)
Complete a round with 3 wins or more to advance to the Group B Final Stage
Final Stage1:00 p.m., September 24 – 1:00 p.m., September 26 (PT)
Group A: 5 matches
Group B: 3 matches
The Final Stage consists of one sudden-death round in which players are eliminated if they lose twice.
Event RulesThe Grand Prix is an online tournament mode held over three stages in the Arena. In this mode, choose or create a deck to play against other players in a fixed number of matches. During each stage of the tournament, you will be able to play a number of rounds daily to qualify or advance to the next stage—all three stages each have different conditions for advancing.
Stage 1During Stage 1, players will be split into two groups based on the number of matches won after playing a round. Players can advance in Group A by completing a round with the minimum win requirement. Players who do not qualify for Group A will enter Stage 2 in Group B.
One round consists of 5 matches. Players can attempt up to 5 rounds per day.
Finish any round during Stage 1 with 4 or more wins to advance to Stage 2 in Group A. This applies even if you have won 4 times but did not go on to finish the 5th match in a round, or if in one round you qualify for Group A, but in the next round win fewer than 4 matches.
Stage 2During Stage 2, players can qualify for the Final Stage by completing a round with the minimum win requirement. Players who are unable to qualify will not advance to the Final Stage. (Players will only need to qualify once to advance.)
Players who didn't participate in Stage 1 will automatically be placed in Group B for Stage 2.
Final StageThe Final Stage can only be attempted once. Players who lose twice are eliminated from the round. Do you have what it takes to become a Grand Prix champion?
How to Play
Stages 1 and 2You can play one round daily for free. If you wish to try again on the same day, you can buy another entry with crystals, rupies, or Grand Prix tickets.
Final StageYou can play in the Final Stage for free if you have qualified through Stage 2.
- Your victories only count within the stage/round you played in and do not carry over into another one. Example: If you enter the Grand Prix on the final day of Stage 1 but didn't complete your matches, these victories will only be counted for that day. Stage 2 is a new day, and your victory count will be reset.
- Unclaimed rewards will be sent to your crate after the tournament. If you do not see your rewards, try returning to the title screen and checking your crate again.
- You will have 14 days to claim the rewards after it appears in your crate. Please be sure to claim it in time.
- Winning Grand Prix matches will earn you 100 Battle Pass points per match. Score rewards and master score points are not affected.
- You cannot complete the "Play Take Two in Arena (One-time Mission)" mission in the Grand Prix.
Stages 1 and 2For each round you play, you can earn any of the following rewards based on the number of matches won.
- Upcoming card pack tickets
- Gold or legendary cards
- Seer's globe shards
Players who qualify for Group A in Stage 2 will earn better rewards for each round.
Final StagePlayers who advance to the Group A Final Stage will receive:
- Jeanne, Divine Despair emblem
- Jeanne, Divine Despair sleeves
Group A players will also receive the following rewards based on the number of matches won:
0 Wins: No additional rewards
1 Win: 3 upcoming card pack tickets
2 Wins: 3 upcoming card pack tickets, 1 seer's globe shard
3 Wins: 3 upcoming card pack tickets, 2 seer's globe shards
4 Wins: 3 upcoming card pack tickets, 3 seer's globe shards
5 Wins: 3 upcoming card pack tickets, 1 seer's globe, 1 special flair
Players who advance to the Group B Final Stage will receive:
- Jeanne, Divine Despair emblem
Group B players will also receive the following rewards based on the number of matches won:
0 Wins: 1 upcoming card pack ticket
1 Win: 2 upcoming card pack tickets
2 Wins: 3 upcoming card pack tickets
3 Wins: 3 upcoming card pack tickets; 1 random legendary card; Jeanne, Divine Despair sleeves
Take Two Tactics Private Match MissionWe'll be adding a daily limited-time mission for playing Take Two Tactics private matches! By completing the mission daily, you can earn a Grand Prix ticket every day!
Event Period8:00 p.m., September 13 – 1:00 p.m., September 16 (PT)
Completing the limited-time mission will earn you a Grand Prix ticket, for up to a total of three Grand Prix tickets during the event period.
- The limited time mission will appear in addition to standard missions.
- A limited-time mission from the previous day can't be carried over to the next day.
- Days officially reset at 1:00 p.m. (PDT)/12:00 noon (PST).
- The limited-time mission can be completed with the same opponent on different days.
We wish you the best of luck!